Monday, June 25, 2012

"Steamed Vision" Prop Builds

Hey all, just wanted to post some of the props that I've made so far in my "Steamed Vision" project. These are constructed from mostly found objects pieced, glued and taped together and then hand painted using acrylics. Some of these have been used in my first piece, "The Cantina" and some will be released in my next piece "The Gallery". I'm planing of taking the weapons with me to Animaritime later this week as part of the steampunk theme of the convention this year. Which is why I want to give people a heads up, that if you don't have a prop, you can use some of these when I'm taking pictures in my photo room (just the guns, the other stuff is too fragile for transport and multiple use). Anyway, on to the pictures.









Interesting note on the rifle, I had it propped up with clamps and then removed them in Photoshop. Also the gears and watch pieces I got off Ebay, but for the price I paid, I wouldn't do it again. You can find reasonable prices, just avoid things marked as "steampunk", it's typically overpriced. 

-Larry M. Holder 

No comments:

Post a Comment